Monday, June 26, 2006

PIO = OUCH

Last night was our first PIO shot, can someone say, "THAT HURTS!!!!"? Yikes! That was one of the most painful shots I have ever had in my life!! I think I scared DH, because when he first poked me, I jumped, yelled ouch, and started crying! I told him to do it again, and I promised I wouldn't move. We make it through, but I still cry afterwards and wonder how in the heck I am going to make it for (hopefully) 10-14 more weeks! So, this morning I call and leave a message with the RE about getting me some numbing cream. Well, they call me back and say they want me to come in so see where we gave the injection! Oh, now that is great, I get to drive an hour one way so they can look at my butt!! So, I talk to my coworkers and tell them I have to leave for an unexpected Dr's appointment. I drive up there, the entire appointment takes 5 minutes, and they tell me we did it too low. This time, the nurse draws circles on my butt to show DH exactly where to give it!! Then, I get to drive an hour home. On one hand, I am glad to know these aren't supposed to hurt that bad, so I might, just might, be able to get through these. On the other hand, I can't believe they just didn't draw a circle on my butt at the ER! Oh well, at least we know what we did wrong and how to fix it. As for our "muti-cell life forms", we still have our 8 and they are looking great - 6-8 cells! Wednesday is for sure the transfer, but I will find out the exact time tomorrow. I am feeling a lot better today. I'm not feeling as bloated, and the plumbing is getting better. I did go to the store and buy anything that said fiber on it! hehehe I am getting excited about the transfer. I think I will consider myself pregnant after the transfer (but that is my own little secret!)

No comments: