Thursday, June 29, 2006

2 Blasts now in my tummy!!

ET was yesterday. The procedure was supposed to be a 12:30, but things were running late and we didn't even get in until like 1:15! They told us to be there 45 minutes early, so by the time I was rolled back for the transfer we had been waiting for an hour and fifteen minutes! While we were waiting we talked a little, sat silently for a while, and played the games on our cell phones! I tell ya, it was a completely memorable experience! Before they rolled me back, they told us how the embryos had done. Out of the 11 eggs retrieved, only 2 made it to blasts. The clinic doesn't grade them, but we were told they looked great. They also said if the others get to a blast, they will freeze them. While I was on the table, the RE asked if I wanted a "Margarita" to help ease my fears. My DH said, "YES!!! She wants the Margarita!" They gave it to me and boy did I start feeling good! I was so glad that I had the Margarita because the RE had troubles! A 15 minute procedure took like 30! He had trouble getting through the cervix, and my DH said he even got out a needle and thread! I was so loopy and kept my eyes closed the entire time, that I had no clue what was going one. All I knew is that it was kinda taking forever, but it was not near as painful as the Mock or my IUI. After all was said and done, they took me to recovery where I laid, head down feet up, for an hour. All I wanted to do was sleep, and I felt sorry for my DH! We barely spoke a word. How boring for him! I was so glad he was with me for it! We came home and I immediately went to bed. I was (and still am) on bed rest. I slept about 2 hours and woke up for dinner, laid on the couch, and went to bed. This morning I am feeling really good. It is hard for me to think that I have 2 possible lives in me! Too bad we weren't able to get pictures of our blasts! We asked the RE, and he said they don't have that type of equipment, and that if we would donate the $7000 needed to buy it he would. I was thinking, hey we are already paying you $12,000!! Oh well, I guess I will just have to guess what they look like. Like me or like DH? DH, he's cuter!!

No comments: