Saturday, August 02, 2008

13 days until the big "T"

WOW, 13 days! It is hard to believe. Things are going well. My headaches have gone now that I have been on the estrogen patches - YEA! The Lupron shots are going well. I keep taking the baby aspirin and PNV. So, overall, I'm good! I have a lining check Friday. If my lining looks good then I start my dreaded PIO (Progesterone in Oil) shots next Sunday. Those are the BAD ones. Those are the ones that have to go into the butt muscle unlike the Lupron ones that are just subcutaneous in the stomach that I can do myself. The PIO shots Benjamin has to do for me. They are LONG needles and hurt. What really is a bummer is once I get pg I have to continue the shots for another 12-14 weeks, every night. It is worth it in the end, but I admit it is no fun at all. Thank goodness for Benjamin. He is so good at giving them to me. He did so well with the first IVF that I have full confidence in him. I think it is good to have him do them so he can have a part in this cycle too. I mean, it really has been all me. My dr's appointments, my medication, my shots, my transfer; all having to do with me. With this FET he doesn't even need to do anything - the embryos are already fertilized! This will get him more involved. So, I guess we just keep moving on with the cycle. More Lupron shots, estrogen patches, and aspirin.

No comments: