Monday, April 24, 2006

Moving on to plan B - IVF

After spending a day off of work because I just couldn't deal with getting AF and being around rotten kids, I am feeling a little better now. Considering I cried for probably about 5 hours, I have control over my emotions now. I had to go in for my beta anyway, and of course it turned out negative. They had to check for an ectopic. My levels were 0, so not even a chemical pg. Anyway... DH and I had a great talk. We went out for dinner and discussed what we would do next. We decided that we will be trying IVF in June!! HOLY SH*T!!! I did talk to the RE's office about getting some info on IVF, and Kelly from the office called me right before we left for dinner. They had a patient donate some meds, so it looks like this first attempt will cost us $10,000. With my summer school job, mom and dad hopefully giving is $2000 and is selling our Ford Mustang, I think we can do one try without credit. If it comes to 2 tries, then we will hit up his parents and my aunt and uncle. I think we will only try 2 times, and after that move on to adoption. I am going to call the RE tomorrow to see about getting an appointment to talk to Dr. Silverstein about moving on to IVF. I asked Kelly if it is strange just trying IUI once and then moving on to IVF, but she said it wasn't strange at all and a lot of women do it. It is a big step, but one I think we are ready for!

No comments: