Thursday, January 22, 2009

Let the OPKs begin

Yep, it is getting to that time in my cycle where I will start using OPKs. You want to know what sucks? I had a CBEFM that I used for ttc our son (tried the CBEFM before seeing the RE). Well, when I got pg in October I figured I didn't need it anymore (we only want 2 kids), so I sold it on eBay. Who knew that I might need to use it again. What a bummer!!! So, I ended up buying some OPKs. I don't like OPKs, that is why I got the CBEFM in the first place. It is a lot easier to read vs lines and which one is darker than the other crap. Plus, when I used the OPKs the first time I was also charting. I can't chart now because my sleeping pattern is all screwed up. I no longer have the joys of sleeping all night. Now that we have our son, sleeping through the night is a rare occurrence. For example, just last night we were up at 2am with a puking toddler. Not fun!! Anyway, since I don't get a constant 7-8 hours, charting my temps would not be accurate. I liked charting along with the OPKs to make sure I didn't miss my ovulation. I guess this time around I will just have to rely on those damn OPKs.

No comments: