Thursday, October 30, 2008

No more IVF

A Natural BFP for us!!!!!!














Here is the story...

On Monday Oct 27, I had talked to the RE's nurse about our upcoming IVF. (We decided to go ahead and do the IVF in Dec anyway). We talked about how many days I would need to take off, when the egg retrieval and transfer might be, and when I would need to go in for appointments. I told her that I was expecting my period any day now and she told me that as soon as I started to give her a call to start the birth control. Well, after getting the tentative schedule I realized that I would be having my pregnancy test right after Christmas. I have always tested early with a home pregnancy test and ended up with heart ache. So, I decided that for this IVF I was NOT going to test early and wait until my blood test. I knew I had one digital hpt left from our failed cycle in August. I didn't want it at home taunting me, so I was going to get rid of it. So, Tuesday morning I found it and was just going to throw it away. Being the nerd I am, I could just throw it away without using it. I figured my period was due any day, so I'd go ahead and use it. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw the word "Pregnant"! I couldn't believe my eyes!!! Did it really say pregnant? Was I imagining it? I woke up Benjamin (he didn't even know I was testing) and nearly scared him half to death. I told him I was pregnant, and his first response, "No you're not." I responded, "Yes I am, look!" and showed him the test. He could only get out, "Woa!" I called the RE and they had me go in for a beta. My result was positive, but the level was really low: 9.83. So, I must have been about only 10DPO or so, but I can't be for sure since I wasn't keeping track. I go in for another beta on Friday and am hoping my levels rise. I have continues taking HPTs and all have been + still, so I am hoping for the best. I am going to enjoy this miracle for as long as I can and am trying really hard not to worry.

YEA!!! I'm PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!!!
I've been following your blog....it gives me hope since I'm just starting with the process. I'm 39 years old and my FSH is 16....then there is no choice just IVF...I'm waiting for my next period to start with the birth pills...
How is everything going with your pregnancy?

Helene said...

WOW! I was not expecting to see that. CONGRATULATIONS!! I am very happy for y'all.