Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's been a while

It has been a while since I have posted on this blog. Since my BFN from our FET we've just been in a holding pattern. Well, my RE wanted me to repeat my cycle day 3 hormone levels, so I had them tested about 2 weeks ago. When the RE called with my results I missed the phone call! Shoot! He called on my cell phone on a Friday, and when I checked my messages after school the clinic was already closed. So, I had to wait the entire weekend not knowing my results. It was really hard to wait. If my levels were off, then we knew our IVF was closed and our only option would be to adopt. Well, finally on Monday I got the call. GREAT NEWS! My levels are good, so we can go ahead and do another try of IVF. I guess, not another try, our last try. After this try we are done - no more money and I don't want to go through another IVF after this next one. Anyway, I asked the doctor when I needed to contact them if we wanted to do our cycle in the summer. The RE didn't really think we should wait. At my age (34, 35 in Jan) a woman's hormone levels can drop fast and my levels are only good for 6 months. He also said that if we wait, my levels might still be fine. It is hard to tell. So DH and I talked about it a lot, and have decided to GO FOR IT!!!! So, once I get my next period I will start my cycle! I will probably be on birth control for my next cycle and then I'll really get into the stimulation phase. Benjamin and I are going to Las Vegas the week of Thanksgiving, but we should still be ok. I'll probably need to take the Lupron with us on our trip, but I won't start the Follistim until after we get back. The bad part about starting this IVF cycle so soon is because of work. Now that I am back to working full-time it means a lot of days off. Every appointment means a half day off because my RE is an hour and a half away (one way). I talked to my principal and told him I'd need a lot of days off and probably a whole week when it comes to the retrieval and the transfer. He said to do what I need to do. I LOVE my new principal. He is the greatest. So, I guess we are really doing this. It just HAS to work this time!

No comments: