Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Back on the IVF wagon again.

Wow, it has been almost 2 years since I have posted on this Blog. However, DH and I find ourselves back on the TTC road. Now that our little one is 15 months old, we are ready to try for baby #2. We actually have been trying for over a year on our own. After the baby was born, we decided not to try any contraception since we figured we wouldn't get pg and if we did, then we would be happy it was for free!! Well, it never did happen naturally for us, so we are going back to the RE and trying a frozen embryo transfer (FET). From our IVF back in 06' that produced our son, we have 2 left over embryos (6 day Blasts) that are frozen. It looks like our transfer will be in August sometime. So far, here is my protocol....

6/23/08 - Cycle Day 1
6/25/08 - Start BCP
7/1/90 - Mock transfer and SonoHSG

That is all I know for now. When I go in for my Mock transfer and HSG, they will give me more instructions. I know I will be doing estrogen patches, Lupron shots, and PIO shots, but I don't know when I start them, how much to do, or how long I will do them. From what the RE said at our consultation back in early June, the FET sounds a lot easier than the fresh IVF, but it is still considered IVF none-the-less. It is going to be a fun ride, especially now that I have a toddler
too!

UPDATE: I just got a call from the pharmacy for my BCP. It is a special "newer" BCP and my part to pay is $56! DAMN! I got a $35 coupon from the internet, but damn!!! Oh how I wish this would just be covered by insurance!

No comments: